Monday 20 April 2020

Who am I..?


WHO AM I?

This is me during one of the workshops I attended

 

This will be a question to many people, who is this to make me read what he writes? ou
Ok, then I am here with the answer to that question, I am not trying to force you to read my writings but I am sure there are plenty of things you can learn from what I write and it will help you a lot.

I am a youth in Zanzibar who is passionate about three things that I would sacrifice my life to have them, I will tell you them and why am I passionate about them and how do they transform my life. I

Volunteerism

 As we all know that volunteering is the act of spending your free time to help your community and those in need. This is the first thing I am passionate about and during the time when I volunteer I find it the most enjoyable moment of my life, I love to volunteer to the extent that when I stay dong nothing at any time I feel like I could have done a lot to help my community. To me volunteering is not only doing activities but staying and thinking about what to help is part of volunteering, I always see myself as a helper no matter what condition I am at or what place I am at.

Leadership

Many people define leadership as the acting of leading others, considering that, I define leadership as the act of leaders and leads to work together to complete a certain task under certain goals. Leadership to me is more about people sharing skills, ideas, and experiences and not as many people think it is the act of one person to be on top of others and have total control over everything.


Traveling

Moving from one place to another huh? Yah! that is how a large number of people takes it but to me traveling is more than that, it is more about go and experience new things and culture, to me traveling may be in my house if I will get a person who will be teaching me new culture and experiences and we exchange ideas and opinions, that is traveling to me. 

Those are three things I am passionate about, and Was I actually born a traveler, a volunteer and/or a leader..? 
Of course not, and unlikely many other people think that a lifetime environment is what makes you realize who you are, to me it is very different from that. For me a place that I first lived for more than 12 years made me afraid of being a leader and actually I hated all leaders in my school and my community, the second place I moved at I lived for more than 2 years and that didn't make me realize that I want to be a leader, a volunteer or a traveler, I was as all people with our common phrases that I want to be a doctor and later when I started a secondary school after knowing that there is no way I can be a doctor by taking business classes I changed my phrases and became I want to be an accountant when I grow up.

After two years of studying is when I knew that in my heart there is a spirit that is traveling after I had been told that I can to tests and when I pass I can go to U.S.A to do an exchange year. That was my life-changing year, you can read my exchange year story by texting I want to read it on here. Can you imagine less than a quarter of my life days made me realize who I am and who I admire? Yes, after my exchange year things to me became really different, I didn't erase my dreams of becoming an accountant but I added things on top of that, that I will be an accountant and a lawyer. And after that exchange year, I realized that experiencing new things will tell you what you actually want and after that, I put this important quote that is most spoken with exchange students that "life is like a book, staying on one area is like reading the only chapter" and I never want to be a one chapter reader out of 1000 chapters out there.

Follow me on social media
FACEBOOK   INSTAGRAM  TWITTER

Text me on EMAIL and WhatsApp: +255622709528


No comments:

Post a Comment